This can be a whole new idea or it can be a new way of showing information that already exists online. The website can be based on any area of interest from a hobby to a sport.
Best concept will be judged on:
Creativity and Innovation (50%)
• How has a new angle been taken with the topic or the site? (this could be the way material is presented, taking a different starting point than is usually presented or relating the topic to a specific locality)
• What is different about the mix of media used, when compared to similar sites?
• What new elements have been added to the template used and do they add to the usefulness or level of engagement with the site?
• Does the chosen design, layout and use or colour work for the topic?
• Is the chosen design, layout and use of colour appropriate for the audience? (size and colour of text amount of material on each page)
• Is the navigation functional and easy to use?
• Is it clear how to get to the content or page you want?
• Does the content of the website suit the topic?
• How much of the content was created by the entrant and how much was sourced from the web?
• Is the content appropriate for the audience?
• What mix of media has been used? (text/graphics/photos/video/audio)
• Does the mix best represent the topic?
• Does the mix engage the audience?
• How useful are the apps or widgets used on the site for the key audience?
• How do they help explain or expand the topic?
• Do they help the users engage more with the topic?
Tip: Think about the future of the Internet, what will we use it for? Be innovative, try using different mediums and tools.