Please see all competition rules below.
Who can enter:
- One entry per person, per category.
- Multiple entries from the same School, Coderdojo, Education Centre are welcome.
- Teachers, Supervisors or Parents must be aware that the project is being entered.
- Entrants are split into three age groups as specified below. There will be a winner in each category in each year group, as well as an overall Grand Prix winner in each age group.
- Mega Spiders:
Aged between 4 – 12 years old
- Giga Spiders:
Aged between 13-15 years old
- Tera Spiders:
Aged between 16-19 years old
Individual and groups:
- Entrants may enter as an individual or as a group . Students entering in groups must be from the same age group.
- If entrants are shortlisted for a category, they are invited to attend the awards with up to 2 other students and up to 2 teachers/parents/supervisors.
- In the case that a large group have all taken part in creating the website, then up to 3 individuals and 2 teachers/parents/supervisors may represent the group, if shortlisted.
What to enter:
- All entries must be made online.
- A fully functioning website and completed entry form needs to be submitted for each entry.
- All entries are in English, except for the ‘Best Irish Website’ category.
- The individual/group entering must complete the majority of the project. Help is allowed, but the entrant must understand all the work that is being done.
- All work entered must belong to the entrant. Copyright infringements will be taken very seriously.
- If an individual/group enters a website into an unsuitable category, the judges will have the right to move it to its appropriate category.
- Teacher/Supervisor/Parents names must be included on the entry form in order to be the point of contact for each entry.
- Entries received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Judges decisions are final.
- The information provided will be used by the Junior Spiders Awards for the sole purpose of processing the application, for feedback, and for contacting you in relation to the competition.
- Your entry may be used to promote the awards if you agree to this on the entry form.