Suíomh is Fearr / Best Irish Website
The site must be in the Irish Language, with optional English translation. The site can be based on any content and can either be a blog or a website. Using the Irish language with modern content in a creative way can bring the language to life.
The websites will be judged on:
• Does the content of the website suit the topic?
• How much of the content was created by the entrant and how much sourced from the web?
• Is the content appropriate to the audience? (other students, parents, etc.)
• What mix of media has been used? (text/graphics/photos/video/audio)
• Does this mix best represent the topic?
• Does this mix engage the audience?
• Does the chosen design, layout and use of colour work for the topic?
• Is the chosen design, layout and use of colour appropriate for the audience? (size and colour of text/amount of material on each page)
• Is the choice of colour and layout appropriate for the intended audience?
• Is there a consistency across the site throughout each webpage?
• Have the sections of the website been well planned out?
• Is it clear how to get to the content or page you want?
• Is the navigation functional and easy to use?
• How useful are the apps or widgets used on the site for the key audience?
• How do they help explain/expand the topic?
• Have any social media elements been incorporated? (Twitter feed, Facebook events page, YouTube channel, etc.)
• How useful are the social media platforms to the key audience?