Best Web Design
The entrant should make the template for the website and it can be based on any area of interest.
Best Web Design will judged on:
Design and Creativity (60%)
• Does the chosen design, layout and use of colour work for the topic?
• Is the chosen design, layout and use of colour appropriate for the audience? (size and colour of text/amount of material on each page)
• Is the choice of colour and layout appropriate for the intended audience?
• Is there a consistency across the site throughout all webpages?
• Does the content of the website suit the topic?
• How much of the content was created by the entrant and how much sourced from the web?
• Is the content appropriate to the audience? (other students, parents, etc.)
• What mix of media has been used? (text/graphics/photos/video/audio)
• Does this mix best represent the topic?
• Does this mix engage the audience?
• Have the sections of the website been well planned out?
• Is it clear how to get to the content or page you want?
• Is the navigation functional and easy to use?
• How useful are the apps or widgets used on the website for the key audience?
• How do they help explain/expand the topic?
• Have any social media elements been incorporated? (Twitter feed, Facebook events page, YouTube channel, etc.)
• How useful are these social media platforms to the key audience?