Best Transition Year Project
Entrants must be in 4th year in school. Projects can be completed by an individual or by a group of two or more people. This project can be based on anything from Sports to Science, Fashion to French or Art to Algebra.
Projects will be judged on:
Content (usefulness) (50%)
• Does the content of the site reflect the work done by the individual?
• How much of the content was created by the individual and how much sourced from the web?
• Is the content appropriate to the audience?
• What mix of media has been used? (text/graphics/photos/video/audio)
• Does this mix best represent the topic?
• Does this mix engage the audience?
Design and presentation (20%)
• Does the chosen design, layout and use of colour work for the topic?
• Is the chosen design, layout and use of colour appropriate for the audience? (size and colour of text/amount of material on each page)
• Is the design from a template or has some or all of it been modified?
• Have the sections of the website been well planned out?
• Is it clear how to get to the content or page you want?
• Is the navigation functional and easy to use?
Creativity and innovation (15%)
• Has a new approach been taken with the topic or the site? (meaning in the way the site is presented, or taking a different starting point than is usually presented or relating the topic to a specific locality)
• What is different about the mix of media used?
• What new elements have been added to the template used and do they add to the usefulness of level of engagement of the site?
Tip: The site should provide a resource to teach groups/individuals on the given subject. Good presentation, user-friendliness and an innovative way of teaching the topic are important.