Best Mobile App
An application that is fully developed and available to use on mobile devices; it must be fully working. It should be user friendly, useful and innovative.
The apps will be judged on:
• What does this new mobile app help the intended user with? (Information needs, entertainment, study, play etc.)
• How is this different from other mobile apps or sites, which focus on this topic or activity?
• What is the mix of media used that makes this mobile app stand out?
• Why was the mobile app developed on this platform?
• What problem does the mobile app solve?
• How were any obstacles in producing the mobile app overcome?
• Does the mobile app engage the interned audience? (on which levels: emotional, usefulness, social, etc.)
• Does the mobile app display a new way of displaying information or a new way of putting information together?
• Are the interactive elements easily understood?
• Are the choices of colour and layout appropriate for the topic or activity?
• Are the choices of layout and colour appropriate for the audience?
Usability and Functionality (20%)
• Is it clear how to use the mobile app?
• Is the navigation clear and functional?
• Can someone user this app without instruction or training?
• Is it quick to load, does it respond reliably and quickly to user input?